Preparing Your Ocala home for sale:
Selling your Ocala home? Of course, you only have one opportunity to make a first impression. Since a little foresight and a small investment may significantly increase your chance of selling quickly and at a good price, putting both into action is well worth the effort. Therefore, here are a few simple steps you can take to prepare your home for sale:
(1) Clean your home thoroughly & make it sparkle:
Prepare your home to impress and wow. Consider hiring a professional cleaning service to make your home sparkle. For example, make sure to have your windows thoroughly washed inside and out. Consider that a panoramic view obscured by dirt and dust may actually disappoint.
Recaulk sinks, tubs and windows. Dust every corner and crevice. Make mirrors shine. Then, to maintain the sparkle, vacuum daily, clean hardwood and ceramic floors as needed, dust furniture, and keep the bathrooms and kitchen spotless. Additionally, as a final touch, to make your bathrooms more appealing, hang fresh guest towels and keep toilet lids closed.
Also make sure to air out your home to make it smell fresh and clean. Additionally, the night before a showing, avoid cooking particularly odorous foods such as fish, garlic or cabbage. Cooking smells can linger. Finally, if you have pets, monitor litter boxes or any other areas they effect.
However, consider that not all smells have a negative impact. For example, having cookies baking during a showing can entice and make a home feel inviting.
Extra Sparkle: The key to selling your Ocala home
- Pay special attention to mildewed grout in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Prioritize cleaning your kitchen appliances. Make them look almost new.
- Then replace AC filters and spray your AC returns with a disinfectant like Lysol. AC companies tell me that a little disinfectant circulates throughout your ductwork quickly. As a result, it kills germs, eliminating the odors they cause. Therefore, your home smells fresher, cleaner, and healthier, thereby making a better first impression.
(2) Make minor repairs and improvements:
- Touch up interior paint, especially visible water stains.
- Make needed plumbing and electrical repairs. Leaky faucets make a poor impression.
- Restore your roof to functional condition if leaks exist.
- Pressure clean your roof as necessary to remove mold and mildew.
- Make exterior repairs, like replacing rotted fascia boards.
- Make other miscellaneous repairs as necessary.
- Have your landscaping serviced and your driveway and walks pressure cleaned to maximize curb appeal.
- Consider taking the next step and making your home a certified resale. Ask us how the certified resale program works.
(3) Organize Bedroom Closets and Storage Cabinets
Buyers will be curious about storage spaces and will want to check closets and cabinets. It is important to ensure these are organized, as clutter can convey a negative impression.
When a buyer sees everything organized down to the last detail, he or she may conclude that you take care of your possessions and likely took good care of your home as well. In kitchen cabinets, organize spice jars, neatly stack dishes, and turn the coffee cup handles so they’re facing the same way. In closets, make sure shirts are neatly hung together, line shoes up neatly and so on.
(4) Stage your home:
When selling your Ocala home, look at things from a buyer’s perspective. Did you know that on average for every dollar you spend staging your home, your sales price may increase by up to six dollars? Since staging adds great value, it has an important role to play in preparing your home to list. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Firstly, declutter your home to make every room look neat and organized.
- Remove personal effects like photographs. Doing so helps potential buyers to visualize themselves living in your home.
- Ask your realtor for advice. Put his or her experience to work for you.
- Additionally, consider seeking the advice of a professional home stager. You would be surprised how small suggestions from an expert can translate into dollars in offers.
- Showtime: Whenever possible, have all lights in the house on before potential buyers arrive for a showing. In daylight showings, draw curtains and blinds open as well. Your home shows best when it appears bright and airy.
The Final Step
To complete the staging effect, tour your home and linger in the doorway of each room. Then imagine how the room will look to a buyer. Arranged and rearrange pieces of furniture until the room achieves maximum visual appeal. Additionally, make sure window coverings hang evenly. Finally, having cleaned, repaired, organized and staged, look for more simple touches that will enhance your home’s wow factor. Selling your Ocala home quickly and for value is a matter of preparation and perspective.
Selling Your Ocala Home: Other important considerations
Of course, creating an impact is vital, so you must have high quality photos and/or video taken. Each should then be presented in an innovative marketing campaign to draw maximum attention to your property. Since the marketing effort begins with the presentation of your home on the MLS, we always make a special effort to highlight your home’s most desirable features there.
Every Realtor exposed to your home has contact with dozens and often hundreds of potential buyers. Therefore, a marketing campaign must include the introduction of your home to the Realtor community. Because we are members of a network of over 750,000 real estate sales professionals world wide, we can reach out to all of them in a matter of hours. As a result, we have maximum flexibility to tailor the outreach that would be most beneficial for your home. Of course, if you are serious about selling your Ocala home, you cannot not ignore the competition. Because we always implement a well planned marketing strategy, we will put you in the best position to successfully compete with other Ocala homes on the market.
Below are some interesting articles that provide insight into selling your home successfully. Enjoy reading:
Why You Should Sell Your Home in 2021 (& How to Prepare) – Because 2021 is clearly a seller’s market, it may be a great year to sell your home. Of course, finding someone you trust to handle the sale, prepping the place, and then moving forward will help. Read more on POINT2 NEWS
3 Things You Should Be Doing To Sell A Home In 2021: Depending on where you live, selling a home this year might be more or less challenging than usual. For example, Ocala is a buyer’s market with plenty of competition. However, you may live in a neighborhood where open houses and broker events are not possible due to the pandemic. But there’s good news: Homes are being sold virtually today. Read more on FORBES | RYAN SERHANT
11 Tips for Selling Your Home in 2021 | Selling your home and not sure how where to start? Try our guide because it will help you get the best price from prospective homebuyers. Read more on lendingtree.com
Prepare your Ocala home to sell and you will reap the rewards in our seller’s market.
Andrew Kruglanski, Broker
Ocala Home Guide Realty
Website: Ocala Homes Online