Preparing Ocala Fl homes for sale:
You only have one opportunity to make a first impression. A little foresight and a minimal investment will increase your chance of selling quickly and at a good price. Here are simple steps you can take to prepare your home for sale:
(1) Clean your home thoroughly:
- Pay special attention to mildewed grout in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Make cleaning your kitchen appliances a priority. Make them look almost new.
(2) Make minor repairs and improvements:
- Touch up interior paint.
- Repair cracked window glass as necessary.
- Make plumbing and electrical repairs as necessary. Leaky faucets make a poor impression.
- Have windows washed inside and out.
- Restore your roof to functional condition as necessary.
- Pressure clean your roof as necessary to remove mold and mildew.
- Make necessary exterior repairs like replacing rotted fascia boards.
- Have your landscaping serviced and your driveway and walks pressure cleaned to maximize curb appeal.
(3) Stage your home:
Did you know that on average for every dollar you spend staging your home your sales price increases by six dollars? Here are simple steps you can take:
- Declutter your home to make every room look neat and organized.
- Remove personal effects like photographs. It helps potential buyers to visualize themselves living in your home.
- Ask your realtor for advice. Put his or her experience to work for you.
- Consider seeking the advice of a professional home stager. You would be surprised how small suggestions from an expert translate into dollars in offers.
- Showtime: Whenever possible, have all lights in the house on before potential buyers arrive to a showing. In daylight showings draw curtains and blinds open as well. Your home shows best when it is bright and airy.
Other important considerations
To create an impact, it is vital to have high quality photos and/or video taken and presented in an innovative marketing campaign to draw maximum attention to a property. For course, the marketing effort begins with a presentation on the MLS which highlights your home and its most desirable features .
Because every Realtor exposed to your home has contact with dozens and often hundreds of potential buyers, a marketing campaign must include the introduction of your home to the Realtor community. We are part of a network of over 750,000 real estate sales professionals world wide, and we can reach out to all of them in a matter of hours. This gives us maximum flexibility in determining which kind of Realtor campaign would be most beneficial for your home.